OPEN: Psychologists/Trauma therapists (multiple, unpaid, deadline open, remotely or field based)
OPEN: Remote Technical Support Officer (one, unpaid, remote, deadline open)
OPEN: Greece Field Team Position (multiple, deadline open)
Position overview: Advocates Abroad is in constant if not increasing need of psychologists/trauma therapists available to conduct assessments of Advocates’ clients in the field in Greece and elsewhere. The assessments can take place remotely (over Skype or phone) or in the field.
Remote position: The minimum desired availability for remote work is three months, five hours per week (approximately one evaluation per week).
Field position: A field based position requires a minimum availability of two weeks and is full-time.
For both positions, completion of a training session over Skype is required.
Application: CV and short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Psychologist/Trauma therapist"
Remote Technical Support Officer
Position overview: The Technical Support Officer shall be tasked with providing technical and administrative support to the Director in the design and upkeep of Advocates’ website and social media outlets and will be supporting the Director in a variety of administrative tasks related to the managing of field missions, remote legal assistance, research programs, fundraising efforts, and regular communication among the field teams and remote Advocates.
- Position is remote based
- Initial contract of three (3) months, possible extension to six (6) months
- Position includes training on Advocates' operations and technical programs
- Required availability is a minimum 15 hours per week
- Flexibility and willingness to work in weekends/with short deadlines is necessary
- Regular and on-demand updates and upkeep of website, Facebook groups, Google Drive, LawLab, Advocates’ email accounts
- Reports directly to Director
- Supports Director in a variety of administrative tasks, including design and upkeep of Advocates’ databases
- Strong computer skills (website development, database upkeep, email & social media familiarity)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, professionally and independently
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
Application: CV and short letter of interest to email@example.com with subject "Technical Support Officer"
Greece Field Team Position
Position: Qualified, motivated attorneys and interpreters of Urdu, Arabic, and Farsi.
Placement: Advocates have offices on Samos, Chios, Lesvos, Athens, and Thessaloniki. Upon request, Advocates provide aid elsewhere in Greece. Placement is based on field team need and volunteer preference.
Duration: Minimum mission duration for all field positions is two weeks. Long term volunteers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Logistics: Advocates is a fully volunteer-based organization and is unable to reimburse expenses made for travel to and accommodation while working in the field. Advocates provides limited reimbursements for operational expenses made during a field mission.
Training: Training must be completed prior to deployment. The recommended preparation period is two weeks, which includes a standard 20 hours of study and two training sessions. Please plan travel to Greece accordingly.
Application: CV and short letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org